Boats for Sale
For Sale - Ajax - 20-/04/17
Widgeon is a competitive boat ashore in Suffolk and ready to sail. Extensively refitted in 2010 and carefully maintained
and raced since, she is right down to the minimum weight and benefits from high quality well positioned modern fittings and
all necessary equipment for racing, mooring, trailing.
2010: keel-bolts; epoxy (in and out); floors; pumps; Echo sounder; mast; standing rigging; running rigging; sails (Collins);
covers (boom up and boom down)
2012: trailer (new, bespoke)
2014: white sails (Pinnell & Bax); rudder; main halyard; all sheets
2016: topsides in British Racing Green; fenders and fender socks.
She is on sale with the nearly new bespoke trailer – we think £6000 is about right but if you want to join this friendly
and competitive class, talk to us!
Contact Richard Burnford 07764 831308 or Julian Molyneux 07947 527390 firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
For Sale - AJAX - GANNET No 63
Has been regularly raced at RHYC for many years and in Falmouth Week (see photo – Gannet leading the pack)
• Now fully restored by David Kerridge and Bob Tate:
• Weight has been reduced from 960Kg to 903Kg and hull has very low moisture reading, which can be demonstrated. Inside of
hull treated with epoxy below water line.
• New floors and floorboards all epoxy coated. Spinnaker halyard led under floor boards to helm, as is modern practice.
• Front buoyancy tank rebuilt inside and extended back to conform to class requirements, leaving top of front tank clear
• Rear buoyance tank refurbished with epoxy and resealed.
• Side seats, supports and shelf all new and epoxy coated.
• Keel has been off and refurbished all over with epoxy. Keel bolts, plates and lifting eyes all replaced with 316 stainless
• Mast is one piece Mk 2 Holt, which has a good reputation, similar to the mast in boat which won the Champs 2 years ago.
• Rig set up to known good fast positions, which will be reproduced on the water for new owner.
• Echo sounder and repeater with new transducer fitted.
This boat has had a comprehensive rebuild and all known weaknesses have been tackled head on and treated correctly. No short
cuts have been taken and as such this boat should not be confused with some of the very tired boats on offer, which are
cheaper, but will eventually cost far more than the asking price.
Gannet is offered with 2 suits of good sails, a new cover and a fully restored original road trailer.
She will be a very competitive boat and we hope that new owner will race her in the RHYC fleet.
Contact: Bob Tate 01473 622995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Sale - West Solent - Vivacious
West Solent One Design now on the market, please see the detail of this 1927 Classic on
www.westsolent.org or contact the owner:
Ian Murdoch 07751303681