For Sale - AJAX - GANNET No 63
Has been regularly raced at RHYC for many years and in Falmouth Week (see photo – Gannet leading the pack)
• Now fully restored by David Kerridge and Bob Tate:
• Weight has been reduced from 960Kg to 903Kg and hull has very low moisture reading, which can be demonstrated. Inside of
hull treated with epoxy below water line.
• New floors and floorboards all epoxy coated. Spinnaker halyard led under floor boards to helm, as is modern practice.
• Front buoyancy tank rebuilt inside and extended back to conform to class requirements, leaving top of front tank clear
• Rear buoyance tank refurbished with epoxy and resealed.
• Side seats, supports and shelf all new and epoxy coated.
• Keel has been off and refurbished all over with epoxy. Keel bolts, plates and lifting eyes all replaced with 316 stainless
• Mast is one piece Mk 2 Holt, which has a good reputation, similar to the mast in boat which won the Champs 2 years ago.
• Rig set up to known good fast positions, which will be reproduced on the water for new owner.
• Echo sounder and repeater with new transducer fitted.
This boat has had a comprehensive rebuild and all known weaknesses have been tackled head on and treated correctly. No short
cuts have been taken and as such this boat should not be confused with some of the very tired boats on offer, which are
cheaper, but will eventually cost far more than the asking price.
Gannet is offered with 2 suits of good sails, a new cover and a fully restored original road trailer.
She will be a very competitive boat and we hope that new owner will race her in the RHYC fleet.
Price Reduced: £6,500
Contact: Bob Tate 01473 622995 or email@example.com